Sunday, February 6, 2011

Two new publications and an announcement...

My poem "Coffee and Tea" is up here, at The Orange Room Review. One of my favorite slam poets, Cristin O'Keefe Aptowicz, was published in the December 2010 issue, and I'm beyond honored to appear in the February 2011 issue. Working with the editors to polish this piece was one of the most exciting experiences I've had so far in the world of writing.

The other poem, "No Country," is available here at Heavy Hands Ink. This is one of the ones that's really been of part of my life. Writing this poem led me to a realization that I am a writer, and a good writer, and I have the potential to be a great writer.

I'm excited to share these with you, especially since I've just gotten home from the AWP writer's conference. I'll be posting more about that later on. I have officially decided to create a pseudo-chapbook of my published fiction and poetry. I'll be working on it over the next few weeks and will have more information about that soon, too. Thank you all!

5 comments:

  1. Amanda,

    Just saw on the Heavy Hands Ink site stats page (that only I have access to, as the editor) that we got referrals from this page, so I checked it out. You do indeed have a lot of potential as a writer. Keep up the good work.

    -Maxwell Baumbach

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Amanda so Proud of you! I love your writing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Maxwell: Thank you! I'm even more excited now that I've read the whole issue. It's an honor to be featured beside such talented writers.

    And Jules, I love you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just received my book in the mail with "No Country" in it. My grandfather would have loved this poem so much. He would have been so proud. I love the poem, you really captured how forgotten they are.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Coffee and Tea is amazingly done.

    ReplyDelete